Navigating a family law dispute such as a child custody battle or divorce can be legally difficult and emotionally demanding. At Blood Law, PLLC, our attorneys are here to help you find the best path forward in your family law or estate planning case, working closely with you to protect your rights and ensure you receive the legal representation you deserve.
To schedule a consultation with our team and learn more about how we can help you handle your legal dispute, contact us online or via phone at (704) 286-0570.
Our Practice Areas
At Blood Law, PLLC, our attorneys have experience helping clients navigate cases across a wide range of practice areas, including:
- Child custody. For many parents, dealing with a custody battle is anxiety-inducing. Our attorneys work with clients throughout North Carolina to help them protect their parental rights and child's best interests. Whether it's fighting for your rights in court or working with your co-parent to develop an effective parenting plan, we're here for you.
- Divorce. For many people, filing for divorce is the most difficult thing they'll ever do. The divorce process can be uniquely challenging on both a legal and emotional level. Our attorneys are here to shoulder the legal burden of your case, working with you to pursue an optimal outcome for your short and long-term future.
- Spousal support. Whether you want to request alimony from a soon-to-be-ex or find yourself acting as a potential alimony payor, our attorneys will support you and fight for an equitable outcome in your case.
- Adoption. Adoptions can be surprisingly complex legally. Our attorneys can help you identify the best kind of adoption for your needs and work with you to streamline the process of welcoming a new family member into your home.
- Child support. Child support disputes can be notoriously combative and difficult to navigate, especially when the parties disagree on the need for support or the amount of support owed. Our attorneys will fight for a fair outcome in your child support case.
- Enforcement. If another party violates the terms of a court order you're involved with, our lawyers will help you enforce the terms of that order, either through negotiation or by filing an enforcement case within the court system.
- Mediation. Utilizing mediation enables many parties to resolve their differences while simultaneously saving time, stress, and money. If you want to mediate a family law dispute, our attorneys are here to help you achieve that goal.
- Grandparents rights. Grandparent's rights play a vital role in many family law conflicts, such as dependency cases and relative adoption disputes. Our attorneys can help you understand your rights and pursue the best outcome in your case.
- Estate administration. When an individual passes away, it can be difficult for their relatives to manage the estate while grieving. Our attorneys will work with you to manage your loved one's estate and ensure their last wishes are fulfilled.
- Modifications. Most court orders eventually become outdated. Whether you want to negotiate a new arrangement with another party or pursue a modification in court, our team can help you move forward and obtain the modifications that are right for you.
- Restraining orders. Our lawyers are here to fight for your rights, working with you to help obtain the legal protections you deserve in a domestic violence case.
- Same-sex divorce. Individuals in the LGBTQ+ community sometimes face unique difficulties navigating family law disputes. Our attorneys are here to help you resolve any challenges you and your partner may face due to your relationship.
- Property and debt division. The division of marital assets and liabilities is often one of the most contentious aspects of any divorce. Our lawyers can help you protect assets and work toward an equitable outcome in your property division dispute.
- Separation. Filing for divorce isn't the right option for all couples. If you're interested in separating from your partner, our lawyers can help you achieve your goals.
- Trusts. Trusts are a vital part of any estate plan, enabling estate owners to award property beneficiaries without going through probate. Our lawyers are here to help you build a trust that protects your estate.
- Wills. A living will and last will and testament are crucial estate planning documents. We'll work with you to draft and implement a comprehensive will that safeguards your legacy and help you thrive.
At Blood Law, PLLC, our team is committed to providing residents of North Carolina with comprehensive, reliable legal advice for family law and estate planning disputes.
To work with experienced Lake Norman, NC family lawyers who can help you find the best path forward in your case, contact our office online or via phone at (704) 286-0570.
Family law is an area of legal practice that deals with legal conflicts between family members or people who share a living space. The cases in family law will be handled in a family law court, as opposed to criminal law or civil law court, for example. Divorce is often bundled with family law, but, technically, divorce cases are handled in a divorce court.
Every legal case is tense, but family law is particularly stressful. Taking a claim against a family member or someone you trust is difficult. For this reason, we highly advise that you only handle a family law case with the guidance and representation of a professional lawyer. Our Lake Norman family law attorneys would be honored to help you reach a fair conclusion while working to preserve the relationship that you have with the opposing party.
To schedule a consultation with an experienced child custody lawyer near you, contact us online or via phone at (704) 286-0570.
"She cares about you as a friend, not just as a client. I highly recommend Anna Blood and her legal team as they are INCREDIBLE and a winning team of pros!"Debra K.
"Anna is an extremely trustworthy and understanding individual, which is very beneficial to any sticky family law situation you may find yourself dealing with. She is very attentive and focused on ..."Sean F.
"Anna and her team is such a joy to work with! Not only is she extremely talented, she is down to earth and understanding which is a really important quality when communicating with clients. She will ..."Jennifer W.
A family law attorney from Blood Law in Lake Norman can help you through the entire family law case process. From start to finish, we are here to support you, both legally and emotionally. When you’re with us, we will see you as a friend in need, not just a case number.
To begin, you can count on our firm to investigate your case and any surrounding circumstances that might be relevant. For example, if you are in a property division case and you don’t trust that your spouse is being honest about marital property, then we can conduct investigations to look for missing finances. We can create and file family law petitions as needed or respond to them if you were the one who was notified of the case started by your spouse or family member. You can leave the rest of the casework to us, too, because we are familiar with the right steps to take as a case develops.
The benefits of hiring a family lawyer can include:
- You will immediately gain our experience and knowledge when you hire our firm and allow us to act on your behalf.
- You won’t have to worry about missing important legal and court deadlines when we are handling the case.
- You will feel less stress knowing that legal professionals are standing up for you and your rights.
Call Blood Law for Representation Today
A family law case can move quickly, especially if you are busy with other responsibilities in your life. Don’t let your family law case get out of hand and overlook your best interests. Come to Blood Law, PLLC in Lake Norman for tried-and-true legal advocacy.
We are known for our important firm values, which include:
- Compassion and empathy
- Fierce courtroom advocacy
- Concierge-level service
- Clear and transparent communication
Perhaps most importantly of all, Blood Law, PLLC is known for our case results. Our clients know that they can depend on us to do the right thing for them, even in the most complex of cases. We would be honored if you would place your trust in our firm, too.
Lake Norman Family Law FAQ
- How much does a family lawyer cost? The cost to hire a family lawyer will vary from case to case. Typically, the more involved an attorney must be to handle the case, the higher the cost of hiring them will be. At Blood Law, PLLC, we strive to keep our legal fees competitive and will give you a clear assessment of costs before you sign an attorney agreement.
- Are family law cases public record in North Carolina? Most family law records are public records in North Carolina. Some are free of charge to access, and others can be accessed for a small fee. If your family law case can be resolved out of court and in private mediation, though, then much of the details of the case can be kept confidential.
- What should I expect during my initial consultation? During an initial consultation, our family law team will want to get a feel for the situation you are facing to decide if we are a good fit for the case. We can do this by reviewing any initial information that you provide and going over a few important questions with you. We have competitively low consultation fees, too, so you can see if we’re the law firm that you want to work on your case without worry.
- What documents should I bring to my initial consultation? You should bring any specific information to your initial consultation that you think could be relevant to the current or pending family law case. For example, if you are filing for spousal support, then you can bring a copy of an overall bank statement that shows your financial situation and why support will be necessary.
With offices in Charlotte, Waxhaw, Lake Norman & Fort Mill, we make it easier for families across North Carolina & South Carolina to find quality counsel.
Children Come FirstWith the complexities of family law, we put the well-being and safety of your children at the forefront of your case.
Team-Driven EnvironmentWhen you work with Blood Law, PLLC, you work with our entire team. Everyone is here to support you through each step.
Honest GuidanceWe create personalized plans for each client while setting realistic expectations on the possible outcomes of the case.
Anna Blood Founder and Managing Attorney
Olivia Lowery Senior Attorney
Allison Thomas Senior Attorney
Michael Mohun Associate Attorney
Rachael Beller Associate Attorney
Liz Whitaker Paralegal
Samantha Mishko Law Clerk
Savannah Langley Client Relations Coordinator
Susan Turner Client Account Manager
Helene Carras Executive Director
Tatum True Director of Communications
Jehan Al Rifaie Paralegal
Hailey Arico Legal Assistant/Intake Specialist
Casey Storch Paralegal