Experienced Family Lawyers Serving Waxhaw & the Surrounding Areas
At Blood Law, PLLC, we are here to serve families in need. Our Charlotte family lawyers will guide you through your case every step of the way, so you feel comfortable moving forward.
Our Charlotte law firm is proud to offer the following family law services from our offices located in Charlotte, Waxhaw & Lake Norman, NC:
Family law is a practice of law that mostly focuses on legal conflicts that arise between family members or people who have lived together. If a family law case goes to court, it goes to a family law court instead of a criminal or civil court, for example. Divorce is handled in a divorce court, which is separate, but divorce is commonly considered a family law process in unofficial settings.
By design, family law cases pit two family members against each other in a case or lawsuit. Filing a legal petition against anyone is challenging. Filing against a family member or someone you once considered a friend can be seriously stressful. To keep yourself on solid ground and out of stressful situations, we recommend that you always seek legal counsel for a family law case, regardless of what it involves.
When you are dealing with a divorce or another legal situation involving loved ones, having a family law attorney available to help you out is important. These attorneys provide guidance and legal assistance to help ensure that you have proper representation during these proceedings. Family law attorneys can help with any of the following situations:
Going through a divorce can end up being a complex process. An experienced Charlotte family law attorney can help you get through a divorce proceeding, which typically involves dividing up marital property and determining the right amount for spousal support.
- Child Custody
Child custody is often part of a divorce case. Since this legal matter can become a challenging one, such as when spouses disagree on proposed custody arrangements, it’s important to have a North Carolina family law attorney on your side. Keep in mind that these attorneys can also help with changes to child custody arrangements at a later time.
- Child Support
Couples going through a divorce can run into difficulties with calculating child support and coming up with an agreement. An experienced Charlotte family lawyer can handle these matters while ensuring fairness for both parties. This includes changes to child support that might occur later on.
- Other Areas of Practice
Family law attorneys can help with other legal matters that involve loved ones. A few of these include paternity cases, adoption and foster care cases, and mediation. These attorneys can also provide legal representation for other matters, such as estate planning.
How Our Charlotte Family Law Firm Can Help with Your Case
You can depend on the experienced Charlotte family law attorneys at Blood Law, PLLC for comprehensive and compassionate legal counsel for your case in Charlotte, North Carolina. To complete a family law case, hours and hours of work will need to go into it. We are here to help you with every step, so those hours don’t weigh you down or overwhelm your schedule.
You can count on our firm to help by:
- Researching your case and the surrounding circumstances.
- Looking for evidence to support your arguments.
- Working with third-party experts if needed, like financial analysts.
- Filing the family law petition with the right court on your behalf.
- Responding to petitions and inquiries from the opposing party.
- Negotiating for a settlement or agreement.
- Litigating in court on your behalf.
Ultimately, we want to do whatever we can to get you through this difficult time with as little stress as possible. With us leading the way, we are sure that you will feel confident in how the future will look for you and your family.
How To Find the Best Family Law Attorney
Picking the right attorney to represent your family can be challenging. There are so many options to choose from! So how do you know which family lawyer is right for you and your family? Here are the top 3 things you should look for when finding the best family law attorney:
- Look for someone with a solid reputation - The best way to determine if a family lawyer has a good reputation is by checking with the local bar organization and reading reviews on the attorney's website or business listing. You want to hire someone who has a reputation of success but also being someone that others want to work with. Tact and negotiation skills can go a long way, especially in a divorce case!
- Look for someone who is dependable and familiar with the local court system - Filing the proper motions and keeping track of all the paperwork that needs to be filed with the court at different times can sometimes make or break your family law case. Make sure you hire someone who is familiar with the local court system and has the resources to handle all aspects of your case in a timely manner.
- Look for someone who is empathetic and willing to work with you - If you are looking to hire a lawyer for a sensitive issue such as divorce or child custody, it's important that you look for someone who puts your needs first and is willing to listen to your thoughts on legal matters. At Blood Law, we pride ourselves on offering compassion and empathy to our clients at all times.
We understand that family law is deeply personal. Our Charlotte family law attorneys are committed to you and your future. We approach legal matters as a team, a cohesive unit that works together tirelessly to deliver results.
Our values consist of:
- Compassion & empathy: We put ourselves in our clients’ position as often as possible to gain a better understanding of your situation.
- Strong advocacy in the courtroom: If your case is going to court, our Charlotte family lawyers will do everything in our power to support you with fierce advocacy.
- Concierge-level service: We are your trusted advisors here to cater to your specific needs. Our family law firm strives to consistently exceed an outstanding level of service.
- Honest and transparent communication: Our Charlotte family law attorneys stand behind offering honest advice. We set reasonable, reliable expectations and keep you informed of your case details throughout the entire process.
- Results-oriented: Helping our clients win or reach an amicable solution is at the heart of what we do at our family law firm. We are passionate about results because we are passionate about our clients. We like to see our clients happy.
When hiring a family law attorney, you should look for two things first: experience and personality. You will want to work with a firm with significant family law experience, so nothing about your case will be based on guesses. You will also want to work with an attorney that understands you and genuinely cares about the situation that you are in. Too often, people hire attorneys that aren’t invested in their cases, and it shows.
You might need to go to court for a family law case, but you might not. If your case is destined for litigation, then you will need to go to court. However, if your case can be mediated, then you might not have to go to court at all. Even to file the petition or to receive the court’s approval, it might be possible to send a family lawyer in your place.
Yes, North Carolina does not strictly obscure documents related to family law cases that go to court. Most interested parties can access these public court records, either for free or for a small fee. If you want to keep your family law case as confidential as possible, then you should talk to our law firm about how to mediate and negotiate a case without the need for the court’s intervention.
Family law court orders may or may not be permanent, depending on the specific circumstances of the case. In many cases, family law court orders are designed to be final and binding, meaning that they are intended to resolve the legal issues in the case and are not subject to further modification.
For example, a divorce decree that outlines the division of marital property and debt, child custody, and child support may be intended to be a final order that remains in effect unless there is a significant change in circumstances. However, even in these cases, there may be certain provisions of the order that are subject to modification, such as child support or custody arrangements.
In other cases, family law court orders may be temporary, such as an order for temporary child custody or support while a case is pending. These orders are designed to be in effect only for a specific period of time, after which they may be modified or replaced by a final order.
Ultimately, the permanency of a family law court order depends on the specific facts and circumstances of the case, as well as the terms of the order itself. It is important to work with an experienced Charlotte family law attorney who can help you understand the legal implications of any court orders and assist you in seeking modification or enforcement of those orders when necessary.
During an initial consultation with Blood Law, PLLC, we will ask you to bring any documents that might be relevant to the case. For example, a recent bank statement could be useful if we are working on a spousal support case. We will sit down with you to discuss the key elements of the case and whether we think that it is a good fit for our firm. To keep our services available to more people, we proudly charge highly competitive initial consultation fees.
Hiring a family lawyer can have varying costs, depending on what type of case you have and how much work will need to be done to see it through to the end. We keep our attorney fees highly competitive, so more people in Charlotte can use our services. Before you sign an attorney contract, we will make sure that you understand our fees and payment schedule, so there are never any surprises.
"She cares about you as a friend, not just as a client. I highly recommend Anna Blood and her legal team as they are INCREDIBLE and a winning team of pros!"Debra K.
"Anna is an extremely trustworthy and understanding individual, which is very beneficial to any sticky family law situation you may find yourself dealing with. She is very attentive and focused on ..."Sean F.
"Anna and her team is such a joy to work with! Not only is she extremely talented, she is down to earth and understanding which is a really important quality when communicating with clients. She will ..."Jennifer W.
With offices in Charlotte, Waxhaw & Lake Norman, we make it easier for families across North Carolina to find quality counsel.
Children Come FirstWith the complexities of family law, we put the well-being and safety of your children at the forefront of your case.
Team-Driven EnvironmentWhen you work with Blood Law, PLLC, you work with our entire team. Everyone is here to support you through each step.
Honest GuidanceWe create personalized plans for each client while setting realistic expectations on the possible outcomes of the case.
Family is our greatest passion. It is the “why” that motivates us to keep working and striving to do better for our clients.
Our Charlotte family lawyers decided to pursue a career in family law because we believe in the importance of putting family first.
No matter what family legal matter you face, whether that is a divorce, child custody, or property and debt division matter, turn to a firm that prioritizes family.