Ashton S. Bowns brings a unique, multi-jurisdictional practice to Blood Law with experience in civil and criminal matters, and she currently leads our Greenville location while handling cases in North and South Carolina.
Originally from Travelers Rest, South Carolina, Ashton attended the University of South Carolina where she earned a bachelor’s degree with double majors in English and Political Science. During her time in college, Ashton was a columnist for the school paper and a sports broadcaster for the University’s baseball and softball teams.
After college, Ashton attended Campbell University School of Law where she earned her Juris Doctor. During her time in law school, Ashton worked for a private criminal defense firm in downtown Raleigh where she gained experience and knowledge of the North Carolina District Courts. In her last year of law school, Ashton had the invaluable opportunity to clerk for the Honorable David M. Warren of the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of North Carolina where she gained firsthand experience of the importance of legal writing and litigating in Federal Courts.
Upon completion of law school, Ashton joined the team at Blood Law as an Associate Attorney where she primarily practices Family Law. Ashton is licensed to practice law in North and South Carolina, which allows her to help individuals, families, and businesses throughout the Carolinas.
While possibly experiencing uncertain and stressful times, Ashton is here to smoothly navigate all her clients through the legal process. From her legal experience, she understands the importance of a fresh start whether you are needing an attorney for an adoption, custody, divorce, name change, or criminal matters. Upon your consultation with Ashton, you will find that Ashton truly listens to the needs of her clients and has the knowledge it takes to be successful in and outside of the courtroom.
- Campbell University School of law: Juris Doctor
- University of South Carolina: bachelor’s degree with double majors in English and Political Science
- State of North Carolina
- State of South Carolina
Membership & Associations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- South Carolina Bar Association
- Mecklenburg County Bar Association
- Family Law Division of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Family Law Division of the South Carolina Bar Association
- Small Law Firm Division of the South Carolina Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the North Carolina Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Division of the South Carolina Bar Association